ProTeam Metal Magic 32 oz.
This item is IN STOCK
This item is TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK
Usually Ships Within 1 Business Day
ProTeam Metal Magic is a highly concentrated formula for effectively removing iron, copper, manganese and other metals from pool water to restore water clarity. This product also removes metal stains and scale from pool surfaces and equipment and is compatible with all treatment systems. ProTeam Metal Magic is non-foaming and pH neutral.
Metal Magic Features:
- Removes metals and stains caused by metals in pool water
- Removes and prevents scale buildup
- Can decrease elevated levels of calcium hardness
- Removes metals such as iron, copper, silver and manganese C
- Compatible with all filtration types
Metal Magic Benefits:
- Prevents staining and scaling
- Protects plumbing and equipment
- Can be used to solve existing water issues or prevent bad water from causing issues
- Using the normal application rate, pool use can resume after an hour
Directions for Use:
- For pools with iron, copper, manganese or other metals present in the water, apply over entire pool surface with filter system operating. For best results use 1 quart of ProTeam Metal Magic per 10,000 gallons of water to remove stains, prevent plating and restore water clarity.
- Regular use of ProTeam Metal Magic will keep pool water clean and the pool shell and plumbing in good condition. For stain prevention use on quart per 20,000 gallons if testing indicated metals above 3 ppm or use 3 ounces per 10,000 gallon per week if your pool has a tendency to show increasing metal content in water.
- Do not add more than recommended dosage. For best results us in early afternoon or evening with water temperature above 60 degrees, and run pump for 24 hours.
- Once dissolved, metals are transported to the filter where they can be removed by backwashing or cleaning the filter cartridges.
- For best results, pool water pH should be at 7.5 or above when treatment begins. For copper/silver ion treated pools, remove electrodes or tun of ionizer for 5 days.
Is the stain Metallic or Organic? This on site test was developed to answer this question and provide a step-by-step solution for removal.
Step 1: Begin by taking a plastic bottle and filling it with rocks or sand and water. Replace the cap and attach a sponge with rubber bands to the bottle. The bottle must become submersible.
Step 2: Soak the sponge with ProTeam Metal Magic and place it on the stain under the pool or spa water. Allow the ProTeam Metal Magic to work on the stain for five minutes. If the area near the sponge turns yellow, it is an organic stain and should be treated with an algae removal approach. If the pool or spa finish returns to the original color, the stain is metallic and will be easily removed. Refer to Step 4 for the Metal Magic Treatment Guide. If there is no change in the appearance of the stain, it is a metallic stain with multiple layers. Re-soak the sponge in ProTeam Metal Magic and place it on the stain for fifteen minutes. If the pool or spa finish returns to the original color, refer to Step 4 for the Metal Magic Treatment Guide. If the stain is still present, re-soak the sponge in ProTeam Metal Magic and place it on the stain for thirty minutes. 99% of the time, the finish will return to the original color in thirty minutes or less. Refer to Step 4 for the Metal Magic Treatment Guide
Step 3: Raise the pool or spa water above the normal level to avoid a bathtub ring look to the finish.
Step 4: Treat the water using ProTeam Metal Magic and Sponge Test time table.
Five Minutes: 1 Quart ProTeam Metal Magic per 10,000 gallons of water.
Fifteen Minutes: 1 Quart ProTeam Metal Magic per 5,000 gallons of water.
Thirty Minutes: 1 Quart ProTeam Metal Magic per 2,500 gallons of water.
Continue running the pump and filter for three days frequently checking the filter pressure and backwashing or cleaning as necessary. Metal Magic lifts the metal stain from the pool or spa surface and changes it into a crystal that is removed from the water by the filter. The water may turn milky indicating the Metal MAgic is working faster than the filter. Continue filtering until the water clears. ProTeam Metal Magic should be used with a pH at 7.5 or above. It is not affected by Cyanuric Acid levels. Calcium will be lowered to 350-375 ppm. Metal Magic is safe to use on all pool or spa surfaces. It will remove the metal from the water before it will remove the stain