BioGuard Back Up 2Item #: 23050BIO
Same Day Delivery
Place your order before 2:00 PM and we'll drop it off on your doorstep today! Orders placed after 2:00 PM will be delivered the next day. Every delivery includes a free digital water analysis.
Same Day Pickup
Place your order before 2:00 PM and we'll have it ready for pick-up today. Orders placed after 2:00 PM will be ready the next day.
OgdenSunplay - Ogden
216 N 700 W
Building 4C - Bay 5
Ogden, UT 84404
9am - 5pm, M-F
Las VegasSunplay - Las Vegas
2950 E Sunset Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89120
10am - 6pm, M-F
10am -4pm, Weekends
Back Up 2 prevents algae before it starts and is formulated to complement swimming pool sanitizers. It is a highly effective algae killer and algae preventative. The wetting in this product allows it to penetrate small crevices where algae are likely to form. Back Up 2 is non-staining, will not evaporate and its algae fighting abilities actually increase as pool water temperature increases. It will provide a residual effectiveness that protects your pool against algae formation while keeping you pool water sparkling clear.
- Highly effective algae preventative
- Keeps water clear and free of visible algae
- Wetting agent penetrates small crevices
- Non-staining formula
- Can also be used to kill algae and for winter closing
- 32 Ounce Bottle
- Another benefit you may find with this product is that it can help keep water skeeter bugs out of the water. The wetting agent in this product makes it harder for the water bugs to breathe in the water, causing them to leave the pool and ridding yourself of a pool water skeeter bug problem. This product isn't advertised for this purpose but its worth a shot. Just try it and see for yourself if it works or not.
Directions for use:
- Initial Application: Add 6 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of water
- Maintenance Application: Add 1-1/2 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of water every 5 to 7 days
- Booster application: Add 1-1/2 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of water when bather load is heavy or after prolonged rainfall
- Pools with visible algae: Add 13-1/2 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of water. After 24 hours clean out dead, settled algae. If algae are still present, repeat dosage as necessary.
- To close pool: Add 10-1/2 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons along pool edges and allow the filter and pump to operate for 2 to 4 hours. This will provide 4 ppm of active ingredient in the water and help control algae growth over the winter months and make for easier clean-up in the spring.