Del Ozone MCD-250 Swim Spa Ozonator - AMP Plug
Del Ozone MCD-250 Swim Spa Ozonator
The MCD-250 uses innovativeAdvanced Plasma Gap (APG)ozone technology for maximum water disinfection and reduced chlorine consumption. Improve your spa water quality and clarity with a DEL Ozone system.
- Ozonator for spas and swim spas ups to 3,000 gallons
- Superior APGOzone Generation
- Reduces Chlorine Consumption
- Extends Life of Spa Covers and Pillows
- Increases Time Between Water Changes
- Provides Optimal Concentration of
- Ozone in the Water
- High Ozone Output & Reliability
- Unsurpassed Cell Life Expectancy
- Semi-Translucent Cover
- Green Power On Indicator
- Application: Spas up to 3,000 gallons of water
- Dimensions:8.6" Height x 6.1"Width x 2.8" Depth
- Voltage:120/240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 12 Watts
- Mixing Degas Vessel (MDV) with Carbon Destruct EMI Export Compatible (sold separately)
How Is Ozone Created?
Oxygen molecules are split, by a high-energy electrical discharge, resulting in two individual oxygen atoms and those individual oxygen atoms unite with remaining oxygen molecules to produce a three-atom molecule of ozone. The weak bond holding ozones third oxygen atom causes the molecule to be extremely unstable and thus, very effective as an oxidizer. An oxidation reaction occurs upon any collision between an ozone molecule and an organic molecule, such as bacteria, viruses, fungus and algae, where the oxygen atom held by the weak bond splits off and only oxygen is left behind.