Dr. Dryden’s Activate Grade 2 Filter Media - 25 Pounds
This item is IN STOCK
This item is TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK
Pickup or Local Delivery Only
This product cannot be shipped. If you live within our local delivery range, you can choose to have the product delivered to your door, or you can pick it up in store. See below for our location information.
OgdenSunplay - Ogden
1075 S Depot Drive
Ogden, UT 84404
9am - 5pm, M-F
Dr. Dryden’s Activate Grade 1 Filter Media
Activate is a permanent filter media that replaces sand, zeolite or crushed glass. It is a sustainable solution for crystal clear water.
Activate permanent filter media is used in more than 250,000 pools. It is trusted by industry professionals as the best product for creating clear water and a healthier swimming environment.
Activate is certified by WQA to meet NSF 50 – the industry standard for safe and clean water.
- Activate comes in two different grades - Coarse and Fine. Use Activate Coarse on the bottom of the filter and Activate Fine as a top layer. Once Activate is installed, back-wash the filter 3 times prior to use.
- Activate Grade 2 (Coarse)
- Better filtration with up to 300 times more surface area than sand for clearer water
- Attracts and captures harmful bacteria with a negatively charged filter media for cleaner water
- Prevents the growth of bacteria and algae with a self-sterilizing surface that for healthier water
- Patent pending activated filter media that prevents the growth of harmful bacteria
- Promotes crystal clear water within 48 hours
- Reduces chemical cost and pool care maintenance by up to 50%
- Helps to reduce eye irritation, itchy skin and unpleasant odors
- Compatible with all types of sand filters
- 25 Pounds
How many pounds of Activate do I need?
|Amount of Filter Sand Needed Per Manufacturer's Instructions||Number of Bags of Dry. Drydens's Activate|
|Activate 1 (Fine)||Activate 2 (Course)|
Dr. Dryden's Story
When sea mammals like dolphins, whales, or sea lions are kept in captivity, it is often in chlorinated water. Dr. Dryden worked with these mammals in like conditions for many years. He noticed they often die of lung infections at a young age.
He was able to prove that lung infections in mammals are due to harmful air they are breathing that is just above the surface of the water. This harmful air is called trichloramine, which is the primary cause of chlorine odor that we smell in swimming pools.
Dr. Dryden invented an activated filter media called Activate. Using Activate helped save the lives of dolphins and other mammals by drastically reducing the formation of harmful trichloramines in chlorinated systems