Hayward DuraNiche Pool Light Niche SP0600U - Concrete
Hayward DuraNiche Pool Light Niche SP0600U
What makes the Hayward Underwater Lighting System so advanced? Start with its DuraNiche PVC niche series. Unlike metallic niches, DuraNiche is injection-molded of strong, durable PVC. Which means you can count on corrosion-free, all weather performance for years to come.
Reliability is further extended with DuraNiche's socket conduit connection. Designed for quick and simple gluing to PVC pipe, the connection provides a cleaner, more durable seal when compared to threaded-type conduit connections. Plus, the conduit hub is an integral part of the molded niche, which offers extra durability during installation.
DuraNiche also boasts a significant advantage in plumbing versatility. Each niche includes a 1", 45° spigot elbow that allows the choice of either top, rear or 45° conduit connection. In addition, the connection can be converted to 3/4" with the installation of a reducing adapter, also included with each niche.
For gunite and concrete pools, DuraNiche features a 3/4" set-back plaster flange with tie-off holes to secure to re-bar. This allows positive positioning of the niche during guniting and ensures a professional appearance in the pool wall. A cover-up plate is provided to protect the niche and mounting threads during guniting. Plus, a unique 90° ledge at the bottom of the flange prevents slumping during plastering.
DuraNiche niches are injection-molded of PVC for superior performance, non-corrosive durability and plumbing versatility - plus the lowest installed cost. When paired with a Hayward ColorLogic or AstroLite light fixture, you have the best quality and value in a lighting system available anywhere.
DuraNiche Light Features:
- Niche for Concrete/Gunite Swimming Pools
- Injection molded PVC fixture housing for corrosion free performance.
- Socket conduit connection designed for quick and simple gluing to PVC pipe. Provides a clean, reliable seal.
- 3/4" set-back plaster flange with tie-off holes to secure to re-bar and assure positioning during guniting.
- Unique 90 degree ledge at the flange bottom prevents "slumping" during plastering.
- The included Cover Plate protects the niche and mounting threads during guniting.
- U.L. approved sweep elbow fitting, coupling and reducer meets the highest standard and provide the most convenient installation (included).
- Niche has a 45 degree 1" outlet, which can be adjusted for top or rear conduit connection using the 45 degree U.L. approved sweep elbow (included).
- 1" outlet can quickly be converted to 3/4" with a U.L approved adapter (included).
- Easily accessible connections for grounding/bonding.
- Internally-threaded connection for pressure testing of conduit line.
- UL Listed