Bio-Dex Alum Flocculent - 5 lbsItem #: AL125
Same Day Delivery
Place your order before 2:00 PM and we'll drop it off on your doorstep today! Orders placed after 2:00 PM will be delivered the next day. Every delivery includes a free digital water analysis.
Same Day Pickup
Place your order before 2:00 PM and we'll have it ready for pick-up today. Orders placed after 2:00 PM will be ready the next day.
OgdenSunplay - Ogden
216 N 700 W
Building 4C - Bay 5
Ogden, UT 84404
9am - 5pm, M-F
Las VegasSunplay - Las Vegas
2950 E Sunset Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89120
10am - 6pm, M-F
10am -4pm, Weekends
Alum works by dropping unwanted particles, phosphates, metals and impurities to the bottom of the pool to be vacuumed later for quick and permanent removal. This is the best product to use when water is saturated with heavy metals.
- A flocculent clears cloudy swimming pool water
- Alum drops metals, solids, and phosphates to the bottom of the pool
- Simply vacuum out for clear water
- 5 lbs treats 20,000 gallons of water
- 5 Pounds
Directions for Use:
- Adjust water pH before use to 7.2 to 7.6
- Slowly, pour one scoop (included) of Alum in the skimmer while the filter is running and broadcast the remainder while the filter is running and broadcast the remainder of the contents of container over the pool surface.
- After 2 hours or when pressure gauge on filter increases by 5 psi, turn the filter off and wait for the dirt and debris to settle to the bottom of the pool. This may take up to 10 to 12 hours.
- Vacuum the sediment ot waste. Do Not vacuum to the filter.
- Clean the filter cartridges or backwash for 3-4 minutes depending on the filter type, until the water runs clear.
- Turn the filter system back on.
- Adjust the water pH to 7.4 to 7.6 and the total alkalinity to 80 to 12 ppm depending on the sanitizer being used.
- Note: A second application might become necessary for extremely dirty water or very high metal content. High metals, use Aquadex 50 Stain Off after Alum application to remove stains and control metal problems.