Delta UV D-46 UV SystemItem #: 37-08542
Same Day Delivery
Place your order before 2:00 PM and we'll drop it off on your doorstep today! Orders placed after 2:00 PM will be delivered the next day. Every delivery includes a free digital water analysis.
Same Day Pickup
Place your order before 2:00 PM and we'll have it ready for pick-up today. Orders placed after 2:00 PM will be ready the next day.
OgdenSunplay - Ogden
216 N 700 W
Building 4C - Bay 5
Ogden, UT 84404
9am - 5pm, M-F
Las VegasSunplay - Las Vegas
2950 E Sunset Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89120
10am - 6pm, M-F
10am -4pm, Weekends
Delta UV D-46 UV System
What is a UV system and how do they work?
The sun emits invisible light - ultraviolet light. Through leading edge technology, this natural phenomenon is reproduced inside the sanitizers of the Delta UV product range using powerful UV-C ray lamps. At 254 nanometers, the optimum wavelength for destroying micro-organisms (viruses, bacteria, algae, yeast, mold, etc.), Delta UV-C rays penetrate and disrupt their DNA, permanently deactivating germ cell metabolism so they cannot reproduce.
The effectiveness of type C ultraviolet rays as a means of sanitization has been known for more than a century. It has been used in various applications such as for drinking water purification, aquaculture, fish farming, and in hospitals and the pharmaceutical industry. After filtration, water circulates through the Delta UV Sanitizer for complete disinfection - bacteria, viruses and algae are completely deactivated without side effects or dangerous by-products. This process results in the cleanest and purest water possible for your pool, and drastically reduces your need for chemical products. As it is not possible to build a pool where 100% of the water passes through a filter, you will still need to maintain a small residual of chemicals in your pool in order to destroy any micro-organisms that do not find their way into the UV sanitizer.
Delta UV D-46 System Features:
- Drastically reduce chemical use
- Destroy the micro-organisms that chlorine and salt systems cant
- No nasty chlorine smell
- No more red eyes, dry skin or damaged hair
- Easier pool maintenance, simple, reliable
- Prolongs pool life wont erode pool surface or equipment
- Environmentally friendly
- Compatible with all types of coatings and filters
- A treatment that can be automated with an existing chlorinator
Delta UV D-46 System Specifications:
- Input: 120/120 Volt Plug (Hardwired directly to the pools control system so that when the pump goes on, the UV unit will also go on).
- Max Flow Rate: 46 Gallons per minute
- Max m3/H: 10.5
- Max Pressure: 40 PSI
- Performance in millijoules per cm2 at actual recommended flow rates: 30mJ/cm2
- Housing: D Series-special 8 PVC Plastic
- Ballast: Electronic
- Lamp: High Output Low Pressure (13,000 hrs.)
- Dry Fire Protection: Yes
- Pressure Gauge: Yes
- Indoor/Outdoor Installation: Yes
- Limited Warranty: 2 Years D-Series (1 year bulb)
- Plumbing options : 2 PVC Unions
- 8" Diameter X Approximately 24-1/2" Height
How Can a UV System Save You Money?
- Drastically reduce the costs associated with chemical use.
- Minimal ongoing expenditure (lamp replacement expected every 3 years for seasonal pools).
- Easy and quick installation and maintenance.
Delta UV 37-08542