Fix-A-Leak Sealant - 8 oz
If you have a hard to get to leak in your hot tub Fix A Leak is the product for you. Made specifically to quickly solveleak repairs for spas and hot tubs. Fix A Leak is blended concentrated material designed to seal leaks in virtually any material and can be applied for leaks in the shell and works equally well in the plumbing.
Fix A Leak Will:
- Seals Holes 1/8" in Diameter
- Forms a Permanent Seal
- Use 8 ounces per 1,000 gallons of water for minor leaks, A second bottle can be added for larger leaks.
- 1. First determine water loss in a 24 hour period
- 2. Fill to original level, mark water line
- 3. Remove all cartridges or filtering devices
- 4. Slowly add Fix A Leak with pump running through skimmer
- 5. Recirculate for 6-8 hours. Shut system off
- 6. Check water level the following day
- 7. If level remains the same the leak has stopped
- 8. Allow 48 hours before resuming operation
- 9. It's recommended not the use spa till leak is fixed and the remainder of Fix A Leak is filtered out.
- If Leak has slowed and not totally stopped you may add more product to increase strength of solution already in spa.
- Stir Fix A Leak in the spa with soft broom to get solution back into suspension.
- Follow steps 5-8 as before.
- Normally Fix A Leak will seal holes 1/8" in diameter. The product requires pressure to ensure it's impacted into the area of the leak. Leaks created by a crack in a pipe in all probability will be sealed. The leak may reoccur due to vibration which in turn will migrate in size, recreating the leak. Most spas are foam insulated, and when saturated with water, will greatly delay the cure time of Fix A Leak. It would be best to drain spa, immediately wipe down shell with a damp cloth to remove any residue of Fix A Leak. Allow 3-5 days before refilling, in most cases this will allow the product to cure.