Natural Chemistry Stainfree Extra Strength
This item is IN STOCK
This item is TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK
Usually Ships Within 1 Business Day
Stainfree is an all natural way to eliminate metal staining to pool liners and finishes. It works great on new stains or on stained pool steps.
- Eliminates metal staining on swimming pool surfaces
- Safely removes stains all types of pool surfaces including vinyl, cement and gunite
- It's like vitamin C for your pool
- 1.75 Pound Bottle
Directions for use:
Note: Operating the pool for a couple of days without chlorine can create an algae concern. Follow your pool dealer’s recommendations on steps you can take to protect your pool from algae during this metal stain removal process.
- Balance pool water chemistry before using STAINfree Extra Strength: pH:7.2-7.6, Alkalinity: 80-120ppm, Calcium Hardness: 200-400ppm, CYA below 50ppm, Phosphates: below 100ppb Note: Stain removal products work best when the pH is on the lower side of acceptable range (7.2)
- Important: Before starting the metal stain removal or water discoloration process (step 4), a pulp based filter aid must be added to cartridge and sand filters. DE filters must be properly charged.
- Lower chlorine level to 1ppm or less (A high chlorine level or adding oxidizing agents during the process will prevent STAINfree Extra Strength from working as designed.)
- Surface Staining: If the surface is stained, add 1lb of STAINfree Extra Strength per 10,000 gallons as close to the stained area(s) as possible with the pump off. Keep the pump off overnight.
- Water Discoloration: If the entire body of water is discolored, put the pool on recirculate, add 1lb per 10,000 gallons of STAINfree Extra Strength to the pool evenly around the edge and let the circulation run for one hour. After one hour, shut the pump off and let sit overnight.
- Before turning the pump back on, brush the pool walls and floor thoroughly.
- Turn the pump back on and add METALfree around the perimeter of the pool at a rate of 33.9oz per 20,000 gallons.
- With the pump still on, vacuum the pool walls and floor thoroughly.
- After vacuuming, clean filters: Sand filter- backwash for at least 3 minutes and then rinse for 2 minutes Cartridge filter- clean filter and filter tank thoroughly DE filter- backwash and recharge with DE
- Test and rebalance water. Do not shock the pool water for at least 1 week.
Note: If chlorine level is low, add small amounts of chlorine. Do not exceed 2ppm. For salt generator pools, a granular shock is recommended instead of turning the generator to its boost (superchlorinate) function after the recommended 1 week.
Use METALfree as a weekly maintenance to prevent future metal staining. Apply 4oz per 10,000 gallons once a week.
Do not swim until stain procedure is complete and normal chlorine residual is established.
Natural Chemistry 07395