Vitroclean Glass Filter Media for Sand Filters - 50 PoundsItem #: VFG
Vitroclean Glass Filter Media for Sand Filters
Vitroclean recycled glass is a direct replacement for silica sand. Using our proprietary milling technology, we remove contaminates to produce a clean, high quality filter media. Vitroclean offers you the safest, most reliable and cost effective way to upgrade your sand filter system.
Vitroclean lasts 50% longer than typical silica sand. Doesn't clump or channel like silica sand – 100% of the filter bed fluidizes for the life of the media. Does not require a special 'recharging' regime, like zeolite products.
Vitroclean installs in any standard sand media filter. No sharp edges or hazardous crystalline silica dust. We recommend the use of Vitroclean Pebble in the bottom of the filter to cover the laterals. This is critical, especially on larger filters to insure proper diffusion and flow.
You will quickly see the difference in water clarity. Vitroclean filters substantially better than sand or zeolite. DE quality down to 5 microns without the hassle of DE.
Specifically engineered for high performance, high demand applications such as water parks and large institutional pools. Vitroclean Aquatic is certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 50 and is approved for use by all major filter manufacturers.
Made from 100% post-consumer container glass. Using our proprietary milling technology, we remove contaminates to produce a clean, high quality filter media.
Vitroclean Glass Filter Media Features:
- Recycled Glass Filter Media for Sand Filters
- Replaces #20 Silica Sand and Improves Filtration from about 40 microns to about 5 microns.
- DE Quality filtration in a sand filter
- Lasts 50% longer than silica sand before you need to replace
- Doesn't clump or channel
- 50 Pound Bag
- Equal amount of Vitroclean is used as sand. For example; if your filter needs 200 pounds of sand you would replace with 200 pounds of Vitroclean.
- For large quantity orders of 20 or more bags we can provide custom quotes. Please contact email@example.com and provide your shipping address and the quantity you need and we can provide a custom quote.